Okanogan County Community Coalition

Making youth a priority since 1999


There are currently several bills relating to marijuana making their way through the Washington State Legislature.  If you wish to make comment on any of the bills, click on the RED button to the left / enter the bill number / and click on COMMENT ON THIS BILL.

There are currently multiple bills making their way through the legislature regarding marijuana including 5450 and 5130.

Public Service Announcements heard on KOMW, KNCW, & KZBE

Click here for PSA- Enforcement and Consequences

Click here for PSA- Okanogan County Prosecutor

Click here for PSA- Omak Police Chief and Okanogan County Sheriff

Click here for PSA -Youth

Click here for PSA- Graduation 

Click here for PSA- Parents Are Powerful

Click here for PSA- Prom

Washington State Liquor Control Board

Click here for WSLCB: WA State underage drinking laws

                                                                                                                                                                              Click here for marijuana PSA- Dr. Walker

                                                                                                                                                                              Click here for marijuana PSA- Edibles

It's time to talk to your kids about Edibles

Although it's illegal for someone under 21 to possess or consume Marijuana, marijuana infused edibles will be popping up in Marijuana retails stores across the state soon. Many of these products have more than one serving of THC in each edible.  In CO, a serving size is 10 mg, but they are selling candy bars and cookies with 100mg in each candy or cookie. Do you or your kids eat a portion of a cookie or the whole cookie? Would you know if a cookie had Marijuana in it ... what if it wasn't in a wrapper?

WASAVP- Marijuana-Infused foods: how much is one serving?

Check out the latest news on Edibles coming out of Colorado:

Hash Oil explosions rise with legalized Marijuana

Doctors: Marijuana edibles pose danger to children

Underage Drinking - Tips for Parents

For useful tips on how to talk with your kids about underage drinking, visit starttalkingnow.org


Prescription Drug Take Back Sites

Unwanted medicine can be taken Prescription Drug Drop Boxes at:

  • Omak Police Department (24 hours a day / 7 days a week)
  • Twisp Police Department (24 hours a day / 7 days a week)
  • Oroville Police Department (Monday - Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm)

Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)

Parenting now comes with a manual!  Click here for more information about local support for Omak-Okanogan families.

Omak Police and the Coalition work together to enforce underage drinking laws!

Special thank you to Omak Police Department for partnering with Okanogan County Community Coalition to enforce underage drinking laws.  Omak Police Department will be continuing emphasis party patrols through the summer and fall.  In addition to holding youth who choose to drink accountable, they will conduct thorough source investigations to hold the people supplying alcohol to minors accountable.